Med Consulting Agency provides full consulting, credentialing, and licensing assistance to graduates of international medical, nursing, and physical therapy schools who plan to relocate to the United States and apply to become licensed health care practitioners. Our trained and qualified advisors have experience navigating the health care credentialing process with the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG), Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS), and Foreign Credentialing Commission on Physical Therapy (FCCPT), as well as the licensing process in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
As a graduate of a foreign medical, nursing, or physical therapy school, you will need to meet certain minimum education and credential requirements before you can apply for a visa and license to begin practicing in the United States. Requirements differ and depend on whether you are a graduate of a medical, nursing or physical therapy school, your chosen profession, and the state where you want to practice.
Medical school students/graduates need to register with the ECFMG to take Steps 1, 2CK, and 2CS of the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE). After passing all three USMLE Step exams and completing the ECFMG certification program, you can apply to the residency programs of your choice.
Nursing school graduates need to apply to the CGFNS International for certification. You can register for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) after passing the credentialing review and complete the CGFNS certification program. The review will examine your nursing education, secondary education, registration and licensure, and scores on the CGFNS qualifying exam and English language proficiency exam (e.g., TOEFL and TWE, TOEFL iBT, TOEIC and TWE, or IELTS; some exceptions apply).
Physical therapy school graduates need to apply for their physical therapist license in their desired state of practice. Graduates must receive authorization to sit for the National Physical Therapy Examination (NPTE) from the state physical therapy board. Then you must complete the requirements to obtain a credentialing certificate from the Foreign Credentialing Commission on Physical Therapy (FCCPT) and sit for the NPTE exam. Depending on the state, you may be required to have a Social Security number prior to application, prior to licensure, or within a set time after licensure. Since every state has different laws governing licensure, Med Consulting Agency strongly recommends that you verify the requirements with your state’s physical therapy board or contact one of our qualified consultants about the requirements for licensing.
Med Consulting Agency streamlines the application, credentialing, and licensing processes for foreign graduates by assigning you to a qualified advisor in the United States. Your advisor, who has extensive experience in these processes, will work directly with you and the credentialing/licensing agencies to complete all of the necessary paperwork on your behalf. Most importantly, your advisor will simplify this often stressful, complicated, and confusing process for you.
Our services for graduates of international health care programs include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prescreening your documentation, credentials, references, and circumstances to evaluate whether and how you should proceed with an application
- Gathering and verifying the credentials that support your applications
- Following up with the appropriate third parties on the progress of your applications
- Providing ongoing customer support and updates until your credentials and certificates are complete
- Paperless electronic application and signature forms
- Providing trustworthy expertise and information in processing your application
- Providing quick and accurate response to your inquires
- Respecting your privacy and most confidential personal information
- Applying the best personal and technical resources in processing your application
- Reducing your involvement in the process to minimize your loss of time
- Preparing your application and submitting it to the appropriate agency:
- For medical students, preparing and submitting your application to the ECFMG to obtain a USMLE Identification Number, ECFMG certification, and register for the USMLE Steps 1, 2CK, and 2CS
- For nursing students, preparing and submitting your application to the CGFNS or CGFNS International to verify your nursing education, secondary education, registration, and licensure; to register for the CGFNS, NCLEX-RN, and English language proficiency qualifying examinations; and to obtain your CGFNS certification
- For physical therapy students, preparing and submitting your application to the desired state of practice; to register for the NPTE exam; and to obtain your FCCPT credentialing certificate
Med Consulting Agency offers the following guarantees:
- You will not find a lower price in the market.*
- We guarantee our price until the licensing or enrollment process is complete.* If you find a lower price, we will match it.
- If you are dissatisfied for any reason, we'll refund 100% of your money—no questions asked. Our services are risk free.*
Contact us Today for an evaluation of your circumstances and needs, and we’ll put you on the path to success.