Our industry telemedicine licensing experts have experience navigating the regulatory environment in every State's licensing system. We streamline the telemedicine licensing process by assigning you a dedicated team member, who will work directly with you to complete all of the necessary licensing process on your behalf through the State's Medical Board and third parties.
Healthcare providers should seek legal consultation to help them stay aware of the developing laws and regulations and to avoid being caught in a loophole in this complicated regulatory area. __________________________________________________________________________________
Physicians Engaging in Telemedicine Licensure
Forty eight state boards, plus the medical boards of District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands, require that physicians engaging in telemedicine are licensed in the state in which the patient is located.
Telemedicine, Special Purpose License or Certificate
Fifteen state boards issue a special purpose license, telemedicine license or certificate, or license to practice medicine across state lines to allow for the practice of telemedicine.
Practicing Telemedicine Across State Lines
Four state boards require physicians to register if they wish to practice across state lines
States Require Telemedicine Insurance Coverage
Twenty eight states, plus the District of Columbia,require both private insurance companies and Medicaid to cover telemedicine services to the same extent as face to face consultations.
Eighteen states currently require only Medicaid to cover telemedicine services.
One state requires only private insurance companies to reimburse for services provided through telemedicine.
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, THE FOLLOWING:
- Prescreening your documentation, credentials, references, and circumstances to evaluate whether and how you should proceed with an application
- Within 24-48 hour preparing and submitting your application to the appropriate medical board(s) for licensure through the new FSMB’s (UA) online submission system or a traditional paper application, as required
- FREE gathering, verifying, and submitting your credentials that support your application, including letters of good standing; medical education, school transcripts and post-graduate training; group and private practice information, affiliations and employment; professional licensure, registration, specialty/board certification; records from the NPDB, FSMB, USMLE, NBOME, NBME, ECFMG, SPEX, etc.
- Following up with the appropriate parties on the progress of your application
- Providing trustworthy expertise and information in processing your application
- Providing quick and accurate response to your inquires
- Applying the best personal and technical resources in processing your application
We provide service in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
Contact us today for an evaluation of your circumstances and needs, and we will put you on the path to success.
All our provided service fees do not include any third-party state or federal agencies’ fees required for applications and enrollment.